Everyone living in a Nittany Apartment is responsible for the condition of that room at the time of checkout. It is important for roommates to develop a plan together for cleaning and getting the room back to its original move-in state.
To avoid charges for damages and additional cleanup, please follow these move-out instructions:
- Remove all personal belongings from your room.
- Remove all decorations, stickers, and tape/putty from surfaces.
- Clean the furniture, including the interiors of drawers, shelves, etc.
- Clean any common areas in your room – bathrooms, hallways, study areas, etc.
- Sweep/vacuum the floor.
- Clean the entire unit inside and out.
- Defrost refrigerator, but make sure to keep the unit plugged in and turned on.
- Return furniture to its original location.
- Take all trash to the dumpster.
- If you have subscribed to premium cable TV service, be sure to disconnect the service and make final billing arrangements.
When you are ready to check out:
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock and secure your door.